Adoption Attorneys in St. Louis
Helping Clients Navigate the Legal Intricacies of Adoption
The adoption of a child is an act of love and a joyful commitment to meeting a child’s needs for years and decades to come. Before you can experience the joy of adoption, however, you must meet the requirements of complex adoption laws, including stringent domestic and international regulations. At Lake Munro, we are well-versed in all aspects of adoption law and can help you ensure you are correctly completing this process.
For detailed information on how we can help, contact our firm at (314) 648-2186 today.
Before you decide to adopt, you will have many questions that require answers.
Common questions include, but are not limited to:
- Do I need to be a certified foster parent to adopt?
- Can my child’s birth parents demand visitation rights after the finalization of my child’s adoption?
- What is the difference between an open and closed adoption? Can I choose between them?
- Am I eligible for any adoption tax credits?
- How much will my child’s adoption cost?
At Lake Munro, our adoption lawyers can answer these questions and more as well as provide experienced adoption services. We have helped numerous couples navigate this complex process from start to finish.
Attorney Kevin Lake is the father of three adoptive children. Through our legal experience and intimate familiarity with the adoption process, we can provide comprehensive, global adoption services, including answering questions, referring you to services and agencies, and executing the legal processes of your child’s adoption. We handle all aspects of your adoption procedure, including drafting documents, attending hearings and dealing with the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC) and the Children’s Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services.
We Are Here for You Every Step of the Way
Each adoption is different and can involve the varying rules of private and government agencies, varying family arrangements and circumstances, and the laws of other states and countries. An experienced adoption law attorney in St. Louis can help facilitate your adoption.
Issues our clients tend to face are:
- Foster care requirements: State laws vary in this regard. Illinois requires adoptive parents to obtain foster care licenses, while Missouri does not. We can help you with foster care requirements and the strict rules laid out by the Children’s Division of the Missouri Social Services Department.
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC): This compact controls the movement of adoptive children from state to state. Both the originating and receiving state will have varying laws and must approve a child’s move. We can work to satisfy the requirements of both the sending state and the receiving state.
- Contested adoption: Contested adoptions involve disputes between adoptive and birth parents. Adoptions are most smooth when an adoption lawyer ensures that your rights are fully protected. We can work to terminate the parental rights of the birth parents and represent you in a contested adoption.
As experienced adoption lawyers, we can represent you in all aspects of your adoption proceeding and can work to solve any adoption law problem. We can draft your adoption documents, attend hearings with you, create a power of attorney for a minor and fight for putative fathers’ rights.
We can also answer your questions regarding adoption resources and connect you with private and public adoption services and agencies across the United States as well as many parts of the world.
Helping Families Grow in St. Louis County
Adoptions and adoption law are complex and involve the future happiness of you, your child, and your family. An attorney can ensure your adoption is legal and that your rights are fully protected. If you are considering an adoption or have completed an adoption that is being legally challenged, get answers from a knowledgeable and caring adoption law lawyer.